Shane & Justin McCabe

JohnBaker | 9:28 AM |

Before I take off tomorrow (yikes) for Kuwait and Iraq, I want to acknowledge some of the Veterans in my family. I'll start with the few and the proud. Shane and Justin are technically my second cousins, but I always viewed them as my cousins. We grew up separated by a three hour drive, but spent many holidays and family events side by side by side. As the youngest (and wimpiest) I usually received the largest beatings, mainly from Justin as Shane was on my side...most of the time.

They both enlisted in the Marine Corps early on and both spent time serving our country in Southwest Asia, Shane during Operation Iraqi Freedom and Justin in between the gulf wars. It makes me so proud to know that I have two real heroes that I can call family. In the grand scheme of life, baseball is a mere irrelevant "pastime" compared to military service. I am very glad that baseball has granted me the opportunity to embark on this journey where I can do the one thing that all Americans should do more often: say thank you.

Shane McCabe - 3rd Marine Aircraft Wing ( 3rdMAW) Staff Sergeant. or E6,

Justin McCabe - 2nd batt. 7th Marine Division, Fox Co. ( 2/7 Fox Co.) Sergeant. or E5

0 responses to "Shane & Justin McCabe"

Post a Comment

AddThis

| More